[QE-users] pw.x stuck.

Giuseppe Mattioli giuseppe.mattioli at ism.cnr.it
Thu May 9 20:50:34 CEST 2019

Dear Hud (please sign always with full name and scientific affiliation
the posts to this forum, we appreciate it)
It is impossible to help you if you don't post the input of your
calculation and the relevant part of your output (where does the code
stop?). Is there any system error like a segfault printed, e.g., in a
nohup.out file? It is primarily important to look into such kind of
information, in order to see if the error is reproducible on different
machines/architectures or by using different compilers/libraries.
HTH
Giuseppe

Quoting "H1 at GMAIL" <hudwahab at gmail.com>:

> Hello
> I run on 6.1-serial. My pw.x scf runs ok with small size systems 2
> atoms, but nothing happens when scaled to 4x4 or 32 atoms. I let it
> run for more than an hour and don't expect that the calculation
> takes that long.
>
> From the troubleshooting in User Guide I see it might be a
> floating-point error causing endless NaNs - how to handle for such
> exceptions?
>
> As I can't provide the error output, I am not sure what details you
> need to troubleshoot, but let me know if something is missing
>
> Cheers, Hud
> Dept. Chemical Engineering
> University of Wyoming

GIUSEPPE MATTIOLI
Via Salaria Km 29,300 - C.P. 10
I-00015 - Monterotondo Scalo (RM)
Mob (*preferred*) +39 373 7305625
Tel + 39 06 90672342 - Fax +39 06 90672316