[QE-users] pw_readschema_file failed retrieving input info from xml file ph.x using grid in qe-6.3-bkp and 2D cutoff

Raphael Longuinhos Monteiro Lobato raphael.lobato at ufla.br
Tue Mar 26 16:39:15 CET 2019

Hi,

On 3/26/19 11:26 AM, Pietro Davide Delugas wrote:
> I don't know whether the fact that the restart does not work with
> reduce_io = .true. may be considered as a bug or as a feature.
But as it is, I guess there is no way to use the reduce_io true. In my
case, there is no recover = .true. (a restart) in the input:

ph0
&inputph
   prefix='test',
   reduce_io = .true.
   trans =.true.
   outdir='scratch',
   fildyn='test.dyn',
/
0.009443  0.016356  0.000000

And the output (main parts, I guess):
      Program PHONON v.6.4 starts on 26Mar2019 at  9:33: 7
      Reading data from directory:
      scratch/acnl1.save/
  ----2D----2D----2D----2D----2D----2D----2D----2D----2D----2D----2D----2D
   The code is running with the 2D cutoff
      Calculation of q =    0.0094430   0.0163560   0.0000000
      Subspace diagonalization in iterative solution of the eigenvalue
problem:
      a serial algorithm will be used
      Title:
      ph0
      The potential is recalculated from file :
      scratch/_ph0/acnl1.save/charge-density

      Starting wfcs are   16 atomic wfcs
      End of band structure calculation
      ph0
      Computing dynamical matrix for
                     q = (   0.0094430   0.0163560   0.0000000 )
      Error in routine openfilq (1):
      file acnl1.wfc not found

When commenting the reduce_io, all goes normal; it continues the
"Computing dynamical matrix for" and computes the phonon frequencies.

Best,