[QE-users] Regarding hp.x code

Timrov Iurii iurii.timrov at epfl.ch
Sun Mar 24 11:10:04 CET 2019

Dear Mohaddeseh,

I think there is no error in your calculations, this is an expected result for closed shell systems. The point is that the HP code can be used only for open-shell systems, more precisely: when d (or f) states are partially occupied (i.e. they are around the Fermi level for metals) or when they are very close to the Fermi level (say within a few eV just below the valence band maximum, roughly speaking). There is a note about this in HP/Doc/README. Check this paper for more details:

K. Yu and E.A. Carter, J. Chem. Phys. 140, 121105 (2014).

Moreover, please be aware about two bug fixes in HP in QE 6.4 (I remind that this is the experimental stage of the HP code, as indicated in Dos/release-notes):

https://gitlab.com/QEF/q-e/merge_requests/379/diffs?commit_id=a0d5ac0284fbf942946f455d10fd8c652e27457c

Regards,

Iurii

--