[QE-users] Error in routine average (1): nfile is wrong

Paolo Giannozzi p.giannozzi at gmail.com
Sat Mar 23 09:13:06 CET 2019

On Sat, Mar 23, 2019 at 12:27 AM Kaňka Jiří <kanka at ufe.cz> wrote:

I am facing an old (reported here already in 2017) problem: “Error in
> routine average (1): nfile is wrong”

reported much earlier and many times, answered as many times:
- average.x reads from standard input
- it works in parallel only on a single processor
This is last week's answer:
https://www.mail-archive.com/users@lists.quantum-espresso.org/msg35542.html

Paolo

with a value of 1 at the 1st line of the input file for the nfile variable
> of average.x.
>
> It seems to me that in the run-examples, which work well, the input
> variables for average.x are read in a somewhat different way (actually
> from  a terminal, not from the file) .
>
> Does anybody know how to resolve the problem (besides extracting the 3D
> data grid from the file generated by pp.x and putting them into Matlab)  ?
>

> Thank you.
>

> Best regards,
>

> Jiri Kanka
>
> Optical Biosensors dpt.
>
> Institute of Photonics and Electronics
>
> Czech Academy of Sciences
>
> Prague

Phone +39-0432-558216, fax +39-0432-558222