[QE-users] Negatively charged isolated molecule

Ernane de Freitas Martins ernanefmg at gmail.com
Mon Mar 18 10:49:02 CET 2019

Dear all,

regarding energy calculations of charged systems in general, I also have
doubts about the Jellium contribution to the total energy. The unique
mention to Jellium I found is the phrase in the input description saying
that a background Jellium is added for charged calculations. Thus I have
some doubts.

Is there a way of estimating this Jellium contribution and somehow discount
it from the total energy?

Is this necessary?

The assume isolated schemes deal with this and already provide a correct
energy?

As I have mentioned, I didn't find further information about Jellium in QE
documentation.

Could some one clarify that to us or suggest a paper on this?

Cheers,

Dr. Ernane de Freitas Martins
Postdoctoral researcher
IF - USP