[QE-users] Checkpoint/Restart Options

Anton Lopis aslopis at gmail.com
Fri Jan 4 14:09:42 CET 2019

Hi All,

I work for the Centre for High Performance Computing in Cape Town, South
Africa. we have many users of QE,  and it's not very uncommon for jobs to
crash. Most codes permit check pointing, but as I understand QE does not
really have this facility anymore. One can use max_seconds, but this can
help mainly for jobs where one exceeds permitted walltimes on an HPC
system. However, restarting ability from crashed jobs is important.

What options are available please? Any advice is most welcome please.

Much appreciated,
Anton

--
Anton Lopis