[QE-users] ABS for metal

Timrov Iurii iurii.timrov at epfl.ch
Wed Feb 27 10:33:21 CET 2019

Dear Mohammed A. Abdelati,

The TDDFPT package of Quantum ESPRESSO can only be used to compute absorption spectra of finite systems (molecules). Smearing cannot be used (occupations="smearing").

The absorption spectra of metallic systems can be computed in the independent-particle approximation using the epsilon.x program (see PP/src/epsilon.f90). The Yambo code is interfaced with Quantum ESPRESSO, and I think (but I am not sure) it can be used to compute absorption spectra of metallic systems using advanced methods (please check the Yambo website for more details: http://www.yambo-code.org/).

HTH

Regards,

Iurii

--