[QE-users] "Basin Hopping" algorithm for pwscf?

Weitzner, Stephen Eric weitzner1 at llnl.gov
Thu Feb 21 21:30:19 CET 2019

Chris,

I don’t know if there is an implementation within QE (someone else who is more knowledgeable can chime in), but I believe you can run basin hopping and minima hopping through ASE: https://wiki.fysik.dtu.dk/ase/ase/optimize.html.

I would be interested to know too if either of these algorithms have been implemented in PWscf.

Best,
Steve

--
Stephen Weitzner, PhD