[QE-users] Difficulty with convergence using tefield

Dr. Thomas Brumme thomas.brumme at uni-leipzig.de
Sun Sep 30 16:52:03 CEST 2018

Dear Alex,

if your is non-periodic in one direction (with the vacuum and the
artificial dip due to the field and dipole correction) there is no
reason to put k-points in this direction - you just increase the
computation time to get bands with no dispersion at all in this
direction. At least I think that there shouldn't be any dispersion,
otherwise something is wrong... The system is only periodic in 2D.

Anyway, another info: the main parallelization scheme in QE is
over the points in real space in z direction. So, it's always
good to have the largest unit cell dimension along z.

Cheers

Thomas

--
Dr. rer. nat. Thomas Brumme
Wilhelm-Ostwald-Institute for Physical and Theoretical Chemistry

Tel:  +49 (0)341 97 36456

email: thomas.brumme at uni-leipzig.de