[QE-users] unable to open the output file of vc relax in xcrysden while performing calculation for slab

Hari Paudyal hpaudya1 at binghamton.edu
Tue Sep 25 15:47:07 CEST 2018

Hi Priyanka,

If you provide your input/output file then it would be easy to figure out
the problem exactly. This time I can only guess based on my experience
using xcrysden. In each bfgs step you get lattice parameters and atomic
position written in the output of vc-relax, I think you are missing those
information. You can check your output if the system is relaxed correctly
writing the output. Let us know, if any.

Best,
Hari Paudyal
SUNY Binghamton, NY