[QE-users] Van der Waals with LDA functional

Hande Toffoli ustunel at metu.edu.tr
Fri Sep 7 09:50:31 CEST 2018

Dear Antoine,

First off, the community appreciates if you include your affiliation.

Concerning your question, it doesn't sound like a problem that would
require vdW corrections, since the chemistry is predominantly dictated by
covalent bonds. Why don't you look at similar problems studied in
literature?

Best
Hande

On Fri, Sep 7, 2018 at 8:40 AM JAY Antoine <Antoine.JAY at isae-supaero.fr>
wrote:

> Dear community,
> Is it possible to know if I need to take Van der Waals interactions into
> account by only looking at the scf output done with LDA functional?
> If no, what is the fastest way to know if I need them?
> My system is implantation of Sb in silicon.
>
> Thank you very much,
>
> Regards,

> users mailing list
> users at lists.quantum-espresso.org