[QE-users] Quantum Espresso on Amazon Web Services

Giovanni Pizzi giovanni.pizzi at epfl.ch
Thu Sep 6 13:22:20 CEST 2018

Hi,
Give a look to this article:
https://docs.aws.amazon.com/AWSEC2/latest/UserGuide/t2-credits-baseline-concepts.html

It’s possible that you have one of these VMs, that on average deliver only a low (even only down to 5%) performance than the actual CPU performance (it might seem fast at the first run, if you didn’t run anything, but the algorithm of CPU credits will make runs be slow, eventually).

Also, crashes might be due to limited RAM.

HTH,

Giovanni