[QE-users] Calculating Potential Energy Profile

Christoph Wolf wolf.christoph at qns.science
Wed Sep 5 08:49:57 CEST 2018

Hi Dan,

pp.x is a bit sensitive to commas and spaces in my experience. The "safest"
way for me is to edit the input file in a terminal and not a more
sophisticated text editor (they might add spaces etc for formatting).

The "easiest" way to calculate this energy profile for me is to use pp.x
(plot_num=11) and then the average.x code to average in xy.

cat > pp.in << EOF
&INPUTPP
    prefix='xxx',
    outdir='./'
    filplot='pot.dat'
    plot_num =11
/
EOF

cat > average.in << EOF
1
pot.dat
1.0
300
3
3.00000
EOF

pp.x <pp.in
average.x <average.in

hope that helps!

Chris

--
Postdoctoral Researcher
Center for Quantum Nanoscience, Institute for Basic Science