[QE-users] negative phonon frequency when calculate lambda

Chao Lei leichao.forum at gmail.com
Mon Oct 29 15:01:56 CET 2018

Hello, Lorenzo,

>From the user guide of phonon, here is the introduction of matdyn.x:

PH/matdyn.x: produces phonon frequencies at a generic wave vector using the
IFC file
calculated by q2r.x; may also calculate phonon DOS, the electron-phonon
coefficient λ,
the function α2 F (ω). And I do have a output file of lambda, is it because
the latest version of matdyn.x that can do the calculation of lambda ?

This is just referred fromquantum-espresso/PHonon/examples/example03/
*run_example*

Best

Chao Lei