[QE-users] vc-relax

Giuseppe Mattioli giuseppe.mattioli at ism.cnr.it
Tue Oct 9 10:53:53 CEST 2018

Dear Sabike
I see that you are using the BLYP functional, and I suppose that this
is what you want to use. But 50 Ry for a norm-conserving
Martins-Troullier C pseudopotential is probably a poor cutoff that can
affect convergence. Moreover, there is no need to specify ecutrho for
NC pseudopotentials, as it should be automatically fixed at 4*ecutwfc
(check your output file). Finally, there are also a few parameters
that can be adjusted to improve convergence, but it would be useful to
know what you mean when you say "it doesn't converge". Does your
calculation reach the maximum electron_maxstep or nstep?
HTH
Giuseppe