[QE-users] NON CONVERGENCE OF PHONON CALCULATION DUE TO LIMITED NUMBER OF ITERATIONSR

Duc-Long Nguyen longnguyenqtr at gmail.com
Thu Oct 4 13:57:55 CEST 2018

Dear Shuham,

After modifying maxter from 100 to 300, you should recompile ph.x (type
make in folder PHonon/PH) as I can see the loop stopped after 100
iterations. Adding to those comments from Dr. Mattioli and Dr. Wolf, you
may want to reduce 'alpha_mix' to get better convergence.

H.T.H

Duc-Long Nguyen
Graduate student,
TIGP, Academia Sinica, Taiwan