[QE-users] how to get data.save for yambo code using qe-6.3

Pietro Delugas pdelugas at sissa.it
Mon Nov 19 13:20:39 CET 2018

dear Zaabar Foudil

the version of Quantum Espresso you are using adopts a new format of for
the output, the information that you are looking for in non contained in
data-file-schema.xml.

This  new format is compatible with Yambo but you have to reconmpile p2y
following these instructions
<http://www.yambo-code.org/doc/databases/p2y_direct.php> (
http://www.yambo-code.org/doc/databases/p2y_direct.php )

Alternatively if you are using a 6.3 or an older version  you can
recompile pw after configuring it to use the old format

You only need to pass the --disable-xml option to the configure script:

              ./configure --disable-xml

I hope this solves your problems.

Kind regards - Pietro