[QE-users] DFPT of thin metal layer: convergence has not been achieved

Duc-Long Nguyen longnguyenqtr at gmail.com
Fri Nov 9 09:02:32 CET 2018

Hi,

As 'smearing' value is not given, so I suppose you used default Gaussian
smearing with spreading 0.001 Ry.
For a better convergence in metallic system, I would suggest (no
warranty) you try other smearing method
like Methfessel-Paxton or Marzari-Vanderbilt cold smearing with a little
high value of smearing width, say, 0.01 or 0.02 Ry and use discussions from
http://theossrv1.epfl.ch/Main/ElectronicTemperature
to judge the convergence of parameters you are interested in.

With best regards,
Duc-Long
PhD student,
Academia Sinica, Taiwan