[QE-users] Au GBRV pseudopotential

Prandini Gianluca gianluca.prandini at epfl.ch
Tue May 22 14:59:42 CEST 2018

Dear Alexandra,

1) the one you have is the correct pseudopotential (called GBRV-1.2 in the SSSP) that indeed you can find in the authors' webpage:
http://www.physics.rutgers.edu/gbrv/

In the SSSP page we call GBRV-1.2 the full GBRV library for which the versions of the pseudos are <= 1.2.
(In GBRV-1.4 and GBRV-1.5 there are instead the updated versions of the pseudos for some elements)

2) yes, the GBRV pseudopotentials are ultrasoft so we perform the calculations with ecutrho=8 x ecutwfc.

3) in the SSSP we are interested at the convergence w.r.t. the ecutwfc of the cohesive energy rather than at the absolute value. As you rightly notice the value we obtain is different from literature results mainly because of the atom calculation (we use a small supercell size and smearing) but also to the bulk calculation (we use a coarse k-point grid).

Anyway under the section "About SSSP" at https://www.materialscloud.org/discover/sssp/ you can find the computational parameters effectively used to perform the calculations.

Best,
Gianluca

 Gianluca Prandini
 PhD student at Theory and Simulation of Materials (THEOS)
 École Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne (EPFL)
 ME-D2 1019
 E mail: gianluca.prandini at epfl.ch
 Tel: +41 21 69 31040