[QE-users] ERROR(FoX) when executing crossing nodes

Paolo Giannozzi p.giannozzi at gmail.com
Mon Mar 12 10:36:55 CET 2018

For non-italian speakers: "Can't we solve with an initial check and if the
filesystem is not shared we read everything from a single node?"

Maybe: there is a check I wrote some time that should report whether the
filesystem is visible to all processors or not. The check is however never
used and I am not sure how well it works.

Paolo

On Mon, Mar 12, 2018 at 9:01 AM, Stefano Baroni <baroni at sissa.it> wrote:

> non possiamo risolvere con un check all’inizio e se il file sistema non è
> condiviso facciamo leggere tutto da un nodo? S.
>

> On 12 Mar 2018, at 08:55, Pietro Delugas <pdelugas at sissa.it> wrote:
>
> Dear Duc-Long
>
> You are may be  using a file system which is not shared between all nodes.
> There in an issue in current implementation in using such filesystems which
> will be hopefully solved in the next future. For the time being you can
> compile QE  running the use configure script with the option
> --enable-xml=no
>
> ./configure --enable-xml=no
>
> and the code should work.
>
> regard - pietro
>

> On 12/03/2018 04:50, Duc-Long Nguyen wrote:
>
> Dear all,
>
> Since the release of QE 6.2.1 I encountered the error message as following
> when executing parallel pw.x on multi nodes:
> -----
> ERROR(FoX)
> Cannot open file
> -----
> There is no errors when running parallel on single node with the same
> input file. I did not encounter this error using previous version of QE
> like 6.2, 5.4.0 with the same make.inc (or make.sys).
> Attached please find the make.inc and the output file.
>
> With best regards,
> Duc-Long
>
> --
> Duc-Long Nguyen
> PhD Student, Molecular Science and Technology Program, TIGP
> Institute of Atomic and Molecular Sciences,
> Academia Sinica, Taipei 106, Taiwan
> Phone +886-979279073 <+886%20979%20279%20073>

Phone +39-0432-558216, fax +39-0432-558222