[QE-users] dipole correction - "saggy" electrostatic potential?

Dr. Thomas Brumme thomas.brumme at uni-leipzig.de
Thu Jun 28 12:04:41 CEST 2018

Dear Chris,

The potential shows the typical quadratic dependence on z since you're
calculating a charged system - there is a homogeneous background
charge since the 3D pbc system is assumed to be neutral. This has
nothing to do with the dipole correction. Depending on what you want
to do next it might be useful to set the flag assume_isolated='2D'

Regards

Thomas

--
Dr. rer. nat. Thomas Brumme
Wilhelm-Ostwald-Institute for Physical and Theoretical Chemistry

Tel:  +49 (0)341 97 36456

email: thomas.brumme at uni-leipzig.de