[QE-users] Adsorption studies

Paolo Costa paolo.costa85 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 25 18:18:22 CEST 2018

 Dear experts,

I got nonsense value of adsorption energy by computing 4-iodoanisole on top
of TiO2 anastase surface (101).
By calculating : (Esurface+anisole)-Eanisole-Esurface, I got an adsoprtion
energy of 0.66 ry (8.98 eV), which is too high.
Now I am trying to apply the dipole correction to see if this is the
problem causing an unusual adsorption energy.

In the following link you can find the output files:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/edijwg1kyp7gx31/AACD7Up1XIIULbJFToLNqsUra?dl=0

I would be glad to receive any suggestions to understand the problem.

Thanks.

--
Paolo Costa, Ph.D.
Postdoctoral Researcher