[QE-users] Dipole correction- plot

Paolo Costa paolo.costa85 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 24 20:18:02 CEST 2018

Hi Manjusha,

thanks for your reply. Actually it worked out.
I have another doubt. If you can help me I would be glad.
In attachment you can find a slab of TiO2 (101) with iodo-anisole molecule
on it. I want to calculate the adsorption energy. For that reason I am
learning how to correct the dipole since without such correction I got
nonsense values of adsorption energy.
I want to apply the dipole correction along z coordinate (edir = 3). Is it
correct in my case?

Moreover, I have already optimize the slab+anisole without dipole
correction. The next thing is to run .scf calc with dipole correction, is
it correct? Or I can already optimize (relax) the slab with dipole
correction?

Thanks a lot.

Paolo