[QE-users] Problem in running magnetic force theorem example in QE 6.3

Marcos Veríssimo Alves marcos.verissimo.alves at gmail.com
Thu Jul 12 13:45:49 CEST 2018

Hello all,

I compiled QE 6.3 on our cluster, and I tried running the magnetic force
theorem example in the PP examples folder, initially using the script.
Apparently the file spin-polarization.dat is not created, since I get the
following error when running the script:

cp: cannot stat
`/home/users/mverissi/compile/qe-6.3/tempdir/sr.save/spin-polarization.dat':
No such file or directory

I tried running pw.x on my own for the SCF calculation, and indeed the file
is not created. Is there any special recommendation for compiling pw.x in
order to create the spin polarization file, or any variable missing in the
input file?

Best,

Marcos