[QE-users] Fwd: Tc for MgB2

Warren Pickett wepickett at ucdavis.edu
Tue Jul 10 20:14:46 CEST 2018

I haven't noticed any replies to this message. I can't help with what QE
does or does not do. However, there are some important points to understand
about MgB2. Most of the coupling arises from 8% of the phonon BZ, and on
top of that, only from 2 of the 9 phonon branches. The important Fermi
surfaces are small, so k-point sampling must be very good. Then, phonon
q-point sampling must be relatively high quality also. The safe way is to
perform convergence tests.

Warren E. Pickett
Distinguished Professor of Physics
Department of Physics