[QE-users] DFT+U and surfaces -- convergence

Giuseppe Mattioli giuseppe.mattioli at ism.cnr.it
Mon Jul 2 11:10:13 CEST 2018

And on top of all these valuable suggestions you may try the desperate
(but often wise in my experience) trick:

     electron_maxstep=50~100
     scf_must_converge=.false.,

This is very useful when you want to optimize a structure and your
atomic configuration is far from equilibrium (e.g. a surface starting
from a cleaved bulk). But you must carefully check that your system
does not go bananas...

HTH
Giuseppe