[QE-users] dipole correction - "saggy" electrostatic potential?

Christoph Wolf wolf.christoph at qns.science
Mon Jul 2 04:01:30 CEST 2018

Dear Thomas,

I played a bit with "assume_isolated='2D'" but I do not think that this can
correct the electrostatic potential of charged sytems (in the sense that
the potential becomes "flat") unless I am interpreting the output
(attached) wrong.

One way that gives me a flat vacuum potential is to use the M-P scheme but
that only works for cubic systems. After reading about the implementation
in VASP a bit I also think that is what they recommend.

Best,
Chris