[Pw_forum] Generating PPs for calculating initial state core level shifts

Evren Ataman ataman.evren at gmail.com
Tue Jan 23 15:51:58 CET 2018

Partial Answer
Here is the ld1 input file for Rh. Change the dft input to pbe and rel
input and file name to whatever you like.
This input file is inside the library in a file called us_ps_high.job.

Suggestion
As far as I can see you are taking the core electron and placing it to a
valence state.
Have you considered to take the core electron away and make an ionized
calculation?
Good luck! (since you will need it)

 &input
   title='Rh',
   zed=45.,
   rel=$nrel,
   config='[Kr] 5s2 5p0 4d7',
   iswitch=3,
   dft='$gfun'
 /
 &inputp
   lpaw=.false.,
   pseudotype=3,
   file_pseudopw='Rh.$fct-spn-rrkjus_psl.1.0.0.UPF',
   author='ADC',
   lloc=-1,
   rcloc=1.2,
   which_augfun='PSQ',