[Pw_forum] Pseudopotential Radius for K

Lance Kavalsky lance.kavalsky at mail.utoronto.ca
Fri Jan 12 21:31:42 CET 2018

Hello,

Do you know how I could go about verifying if this is the case? Especially since the local term should become Coulombic in the limit of large distances away, so there will be other components to this term as well (unless I'm mistaken).

Also, in general, do you know how the reference states are selected for the summation in the nonlocal term? Why might the d and f orbitals be selected in this case?

Thanks for your help,

Lance Kavalsky

HBSc., MASC. student

Dept. of Materials Science and Engineering

University of Toronto