[Pw_forum] Pseudopotential Radius for K

Lance Kavalsky lance.kavalsky at mail.utoronto.ca
Tue Jan 9 21:37:38 CET 2018

Hello all,

For the Potassium pseudopotential K.pbe-mt_fhi.UPF<http://www.quantum-espresso.org/wp-content/uploads/upf_files/K.pbe-mt_fhi.UPF> from the website, I am trying to find the cutoff radius.

When reading through the file, I see that in the Nonlocal section, cutoff radii are provided for each of the angular momenta (except for the s-orbitals), but what units are these in? Also, I noticed that the s-orbital is not listed in either this section, nor in the semilocal section where the beta projectors for calculating the nonlocal component are listed (no L=0).

Why might the L=0 projector not be detailed within the file? And is it safe to assume that for all L the cutoff radius applied would be the same?

I would very much appreciate any clarification on this matter.

Thanks,

Lance Kavalsky

HBSc., MASc. student

Dept. of Materials Science and Engineering

University of Toronto