[Pw_forum] Alpha testers for QE6.2 graphical interface and binaries?

Fedor Goumans goumans at scm.com
Thu Jan 4 16:15:51 CET 2018

Dear Quantum ESPRESSO users & developers,

Wishing you all a healthy & fruitful 2018!

The SCM team has recently finished compiling QE6.2 on Windows, MacOS and
Linux ('serial versions', i.e. OpenMP single-node parallelization only).
The builds also include EPW & CP.
The graphical interface within the ADF Modeling Suite has also been
updated. Currently the GUI supports building input files, visualizing
geometry optimizations, (p)DOS and band structures. Other features can
be run through the command line.

We would love to get feedback on the current binaries & interfaces in
our current development version. It would also be very useful to learn
what the community considers to be the most useful additions to the
binaries and graphical interface support.

Please let me know if you would be interested in alpha-testing the
current versions and/or helping with the further development of the GUI
support within the ADF Modeling Suite!

Best wishes,
Fedor

--