[Pw_forum] Emax and Emin for DOS and PDOS calculation

Lorenzo Paulatto paulatz at gmail.com
Thu Feb 8 15:29:34 CET 2018

http://www.quantum-espresso.org/wp-content/uploads/Doc/INPUT_DOS.html

> Second thing The band structure calculation. We have to do it stepwise
> like the first optimization then DOS then PDOS and then band structure
> calculation.
> Or After optimization, we can directly calculate the band structure?

DOS and PDOS are computed from the set of k-points that were saved on
disk during the previous SCF or NSCF/BANDS calculation.If these points
do not provide a good sampling of the Brillouin zone, the DOS will not
be accurate, this would be the case if you did a BANDS calculation

kind regards

> With Regards
>
> *Madhurya Chandel*
>
> *Research Scholar