[QE-users] Some simple questions on calculating DOS

Giuseppe Mattioli giuseppe.mattioli at ism.cnr.it
Thu Dec 13 15:16:37 CET 2018

Dear Zhao Yuan
I would never contradict Nicola :-)
But I would add a very practical criterion for beginners: take the Fe
unit cell and progressively increase the automatic sampling of k
points, i.e. 2 2 2, 4 4 4, 8 8 8, ... You will see that as the
sampling of the Brillouin zone increases, some quantities (generally)
start to converge: eigenvalues, total energy, stress, ... Depending on
what you want to know with your simulations, you decide that a given
k-points mesh satisfies your purpose. Remember that in principle you
should do the same thing in the case of wavefunction/density cutoffs...
HTH
Giuseppe