[QE-users] Soft Hydrogen Pseudopotentials

Giuseppe Mattioli giuseppe.mattioli at ism.cnr.it
Wed Aug 8 11:15:28 CEST 2018

> I believe fractional charge H atoms would not be useful for these
> kinds of materials. Right?

I suppose you are right. I can only suggest you to double check the
results and to carefully compare with experimental results obtained on
real systems. I cited C-diamond, which is "akin" to Si and Ge, because
surface hydrogenation induce a large upward shift of both valence and
conduction bands, measured by ARPES and compared with DFT calculations
here: Phys. Rev. B 94, 045307 (2016)

Surface or interstitial H is a well known dopant in semiconductors.
Among tons of papers (I'm ashamed to cite mine :-)) I can suggest the
classical Van de Walle Nature paper on universal alignment of H
(Nature 423, 626, 2003)

HTH
Giuseppe