[QE-users] Appropriate option for cell_dofree with hexagonal cell and variable cell relaxation

Lorenzo Paulatto paulatz at gmail.com
Wed Aug 1 10:12:48 CEST 2018

Dear Dan,
I think you could get this effect by repeatedly alternating
cell_dofree="2Dshape" and cell_dofree="z". However, for an hexagonal
system, this won't do what I think you want to do. I.e. the hexagons can
still become distorted, if symmetry is broken. If symmetry is not
broken, you do not need any cell_dofree at all.

kind regards

On 01/08/18 01:34, Dan Gil wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am having trouble understanding the pw.x documentation
> (https://www.quantum-espresso.org/Doc/INPUT_PW.html#idm29).
>
> Is there an option where changes in X&Y are coupled and changes in Z are
> independent? For example, the X&Y will change with the same ratio (say
> 1.01) but the Z can change with a different ratio (say 0.98).
>
> Best Regards,
>
> Dan Gil
> PhD Candidate
> Department of Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering
> Case Western Reserve University

Lorenzo Paulatto - Paris