[QE-users] Dipole corrections (dipfield) and the position of the slab

Christoph Wolf wolf.christoph at qns.science
Fri Apr 27 12:06:16 CEST 2018

Dear Thomas,

thank you for your detailed reply!

If I understood this correctly, the ideal situation would be to have the
slab in the center of the cell

Atom xx yy 0.5

(in crystal coordinates)

to center the dipole at 0% (=100% due to PBC) a reasonable choice would be
emaxpos=0.95 and eopreg=0.10. In the dipole example they located the atoms
around z=0 of the cells and put the dipole close to the center of the cell.

Muchas Gracias/Vielen Dank from Spain,

Christoph