[QE-users] DFT-D3 in Quantum espresso

Giuseppe Mattioli giuseppe.mattioli at ism.cnr.it
Mon Apr 16 12:14:13 CEST 2018

Dear Paolo
I've tested the DFT-D3 implementation, and I report that there are
differences in functional names between the standard Modules/funct.f90
list and the dft-d3/core.f90 list. A regular input such as this

     vdw_corr='grimme-d3',
     input_dft='b3lyp',

is refused because of this hardcoded definition in core.f90

      case ("b3-lyp")
            rs6 =0.278672
            s18 =1.466677
            rs18=4.606311

with the final stop

             call stoprun( 'functional name unknown' )

I've substituted b3lyp-->b3-lyp in all entries of core.f90 and
everything seems to work correctly...

HTH
Giuseppe

Quoting Paolo Giannozzi <p.giannozzi at gmail.com>:

> On Thu, Apr 12, 2018 at 11:14 AM, Priya Shrivastava <
> priyashrivastava16 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> 1. Do i need to compile dft-d3 again or is it pre-compiled already when i
>> first installed qe-6.2.1 by make all
>>

> it is already compiled, no need to do anything
>
> 2. if not then which tag should i use to invoke dft-d3 calculation
>>

> unfortunately the documentation of DFT-D3 is missing. Use vadiable
> vdw_corr, specifying one of the following: 'grimme-d3', 'Grimme-D3',
> 'DFT-D3', 'dft-d3'
>
> Also for dft-d2 , i have generated the parameters by running
>> generate_vdw_kernel_table.x
>>

> generate_vdw_kernel_table.x produces a file used by vdW-DF and similar
> non-local functionals. No relation with dft-d2.
>
> PAolo
> Phone +39-0432-558216, fax +39-0432-558222

GIUSEPPE MATTIOLI
Via Salaria Km 29,300 - C.P. 10
I-00015 - Monterotondo Scalo (RM)
Mob (*preferred*) +39 373 7305625
Tel + 39 06 90672342 - Fax +39 06 90672316