[Pw_forum] Pw_forum Digest, Vol 122, Issue 16

Lorenzo Paulatto lorenzo.paulatto at impmc.upmc.fr
Sun Sep 17 17:26:12 CEST 2017

When answering to a daily sigest, please do not quote the entire 25
pages of text, just trim down what is necessary
On 17/09/17 14:25, Phanikumar Pentyala wrote:
> Thankyou Lorenzo Paulatto for your comments
>
> Here I am giving more clarifications and doubts
>
> commnet2: In spin polarized calculation it was asking
> starting_magnitization value. So can please tell me how to choose that
> value for CeO2 ??

It is a starting magnetization, the value does not matter. However, if
you start from something closer to the final value, it will converge
faster. Please check the manual:
<http://www.quantum-espresso.org/wp-content/uploads/Doc/INPUT_PW.html#idm140629872478560>

> comment1: System was CeO2(111) face plane
>
> comment3: Yes. I saw so many posts saying about NORM conserving psudo
> potential. So either I will change PPs or increase ecutwfc

You must test convergence, independently from the kind of pseudos you use.

--
Dr. Lorenzo Paulatto
IdR @ IMPMC -- CNRS & Université Paris 6