[Pw_forum] Applying vdW to only part of a system

Evren Ataman ataman.evren at gmail.com
Mon Sep 11 17:54:17 CEST 2017

I think, the only thing you need to do is to set the name for the atoms of
the benzene as, say C1, and set the C6 parameters for these C1 atoms to of
C and set the rest of the atoms' C6 parameters to zero.
See london_c6(i), i=1,ntyp in the Input File Description at
http://www.quantum-espresso.org/wp-content/uploads/Doc/INPUT_PW.html