[Pw_forum] image parallelization in dvscf and elph

Sitangshu Bhattacharya sitangshu at iiita.ac.in
Fri Sep 1 13:27:05 CEST 2017

Dear QE developers,

I am trying to do a simple Si bulk phonon calculation in a parallel
environment. I found out that when I try to solve for dvscf and elph using
image, the code complain as

"el-ph with images not implemented"

I tried to google it if someone has face the same problem before and I
found this:
http://qe-forge.org/pipermail/q-e-developers/2016-September/001391.html

How should I solve this? I am not sure that even if there is a solution,
how would I do the recover=true process after that..
I am using QE 6.0 in an mpi environment with 240 CPUs.
I would be glad for your response.

Regards,

Sitangshu Bhattacharya (সিতাংশু ভট্টাচার্য), Ph.D
Assistant Professor,
Room No. 2221, CC-1,
Nanoscale Electro-Thermal Laboratory,
Department of Electrical and Communication Engineering,
Indian Institute of Information Technology-Allahabad
Uttar Pradesh 211 012
India
Telephone: 91-532-2922000 Extn.: 2131
Web-page: http://profile.iiita.ac.in/sitangshu/