[Pw_forum] SternheimerGW cannot be installed in QE 6.2

Lorenzo Paulatto paulatz at gmail.com
Wed Oct 25 12:02:05 CEST 2017

The different people responsible for the numerous external packages need
some time to test them against the version 6.2 and package them
properly. This can easily take a couple of day and does not produce any
peer-reviewed paper, hence it is not necessarily top priority for
everybody. You've better stick with 6.1 for a month or two, if you need
all the external packages.

kind regards

On 25/10/17 11:48, José Carlos Conesa wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> The information on QE 6.2 states that it can compute GW according to
> SternheimerGW equation. But if I write, as suggested by the Makefile,
>
> make SternheimerGW
>
> the following message appears:
>
> gzip: ../archive/v0.14_qe6.2.tar.gz: not in gzip format
>
> and indeed I can see that the mentioned file is only 130 bytes long.
> It is a text file, and its content is this one:

> archive]$ ^C
>
> What should be done?
> Regards,
> J.C. Conesa
>
> El 24/10/2017 a las 16:46, Paolo Giannozzi escribió:
>> Quantum ESPRESSO v.6.2 is available for download on qe-forge.org
>> <http://qe-forge.org>. A list of main differences with respect to the
>> previous version is attached.
>>
>> Paolo
>> --
>> Paolo Giannozzi, Dip. Scienze Matematiche Informatiche e Fisiche,
>> Univ. Udine, via delle Scienze 208, 33100 Udine, Italy
>> Phone +39-0432-558216, fax +39-0432-558222

> José C. Conesa
> Director
> Instituto de Catálisis y Petroleoquímica, CSIC
> Marie Curie 2, Madrid, Spain
> www.icp.csic.es
> Tel. (+34)915854766

Lorenzo Paulatto - Paris