[Pw_forum] Error optmizing doped graphene

Paolo Giannozzi p.giannozzi at gmail.com
Tue Oct 24 12:39:59 CEST 2017

It might also be a problem of tiny numerical differences, due to different
parallelization/compiler/libraries/phases of the moon, leading the code to
different execution patterns. It has always been hard to pinpoint the
origin of those errors.

Paolo

On Tue, Oct 24, 2017 at 10:45 AM, Giuseppe Mattioli <
giuseppe.mattioli at ism.cnr.it> wrote:

> Dear Bhushan
>
> > The calculation has successfully completed on my local server without any
> > error.
>
> On mine too.
>
> It is likely an issue arising from a compiler or a library error, and
> it is of course *very difficult* to correct, because we have no access
> to your hpc facility and such kind of debug is a really time-consuming
> task. I can only suggest you to ask the hpc system administrator, to
> tell him that an application is running fine on your local cluster
> when compiled with a given compiler and linked against a given set of
> libraries, and it is not on the hpc cluster.
>
> HTH
> Giuseppe
>
> Quoting B S Bhushan <ecebhushan at gmail.com>:
>
> > Dear Dr.Giuseppe and Dr. Lorenzo,
> >
> > The calculation has successfully completed on my local server without any
> > error.
> > However, I am not yet sure why I am getting the error on Supercomputer,
> and
> > how to get rid of it.
> >
> > Thank you.
> >

> > On Mon, Oct 23, 2017 at 9:54 PM, B S Bhushan <ecebhushan at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >
> >> Dear Dr. Giuseppe,
> >>
> >> I have already submitted the same job on a different machine (my local
> >> server) and awaiting the result. So far I have not seen any error, yet
> I am
> >> awaiting the final result.
> >>
> >> The error I posted was actually received when I tried to perform it
> using
> >> a High Performance computing facility.
> >>
> >> I will let you know of the result from my local server.

> of

> forget
> cutoff.
> list,

> that

> graphene.

> GIUSEPPE MATTIOLI
> CNR - ISTITUTO DI STRUTTURA DELLA MATERIA
> Via Salaria Km 29,300 - C.P. 10
> I-00015 - Monterotondo Scalo (RM)
> Mob (*preferred*) +39 373 7305625
> Tel + 39 06 90672342 - Fax +39 06 90672316
> E-mail: <giuseppe.mattioli at ism.cnr.it>

Phone +39-0432-558216, fax +39-0432-558222