[Pw_forum] heating and cooling vc-md

Axel Kohlmeyer akohlmey at gmail.com
Mon Oct 23 21:29:42 CEST 2017

On Mon, Oct 23, 2017 at 3:04 PM, Jalil Mahdizadeh <saja.mahdizadeh at gmail.com
> wrote:

> What we were discusting about (solid-solid phase transition probably).

​well, it depends on the specifics of the system, and whether reaxff is
applicable depends on whether there is a suitable and suitably reliable
parameter set.
nobody but yourself or somebody working on the same kind of problem can
make a definite statement. you'll have to carefully study the literature,
make tests and benchmarks and also study the thermodynamics of the
processes that you are modeling. none of that is specific to QE, either.
i've told you about as much as somebody with a general stat mech and MD
background can tell you.

axel.​