[Pw_forum] Selection of K point for band structure calculation

Saif Ullah kiterunner7 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 23 19:22:42 CEST 2017

How to decide that? For inverse spinel (CuFe2O4) with FCC structure (56
atoms), what is the minimum number of K point (approx) required?

There is no such thing like minimum or maximum. You need to look at your
bands. If it is smooth, then the number is fine. To be on a safer side, I
would recommend 50 along each of the high symmetry points. If your cell is
too small, then you need to increase and vice versa.

Regards
Saif
Department of Physics, UFJF, Brazil