[Pw_forum] Oxidation on oxygen terminated h- Boron nitride nano sheet

Narendranath Ghosh ghosh.naren13 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 13 23:06:25 CEST 2017

Dear Friends

Recently I have been working on the propane oxidation on oxygen terminated
h- Boron nitride nano sheet .

For this
I have  kept propane molecule 3.7 Armstrong apart from the o-terminated
side and relax the whole structure as depicted in the Fig-S11 in *Supporting
information of science* *paper*  https://www.google.co.in/url?
sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=5&ved=0ahUKEwib2aTgh9LWAhUIq48KHZPuC
bwQFghCMAQ&url=http%3A%2F%2Fscience.sciencemag.org%2Fhighwire%2Ffilestream%
2F687329%2Ffield_highwire_adjunct_files%2F0%2Faaf7885_Grant-SM.pdf&usg=
AOvVaw2AuKx9eFC3g2Om0phUV0fX

After relaxed structure  I find propane molecule stays far way (3.6A) from
o-terminated side and no intermediate like "C" as depicted in Fig-S11 in
Supporting information.

  But when I keep the distance within 1 Armstrong from the o-terminated
side  I got the desired product.
But I can not find the transition state with NEB module with these product
and reactant geometry setting  first_last_opt =TRUE.

I really appreciate your help.
Best wishes

*Narendra Nath Ghosh*

*Research Associate*