[Pw_forum] Installation of QE on Ubuntu/VirtualBox

Amar Singh amarsingh122014 at rediffmail.com
Sat Oct 7 12:51:38 CEST 2017

Dear Friends,​I am trying to install QE on my i7/ Windows 10 computer through Virtual box/Ubuntu so that I can use more than one processor. I found some instructions on the forum (http://qe-forge.org/pipermail/pw_forum/2016-August/110757.html) and tried to follow them.I have already installed following libraries/compilers (hopefully they are properly installed).
GCC
G++
GFORTRAN
Intel MKL
open-mpi

​Now, when I am trying to install Nvidia and CUDA, as suggested by the above mentioned post, I am not successful. After some research, I found that Nvidia cant be installed on Virtual box (though I found it on a online blog and not sure about the authenticity).
​I would be really grateful for any suggestion on it or any alternative mechanism.

​The next question I have is about QE-GPU. Since the latest version of it on download page is 5.4.0 (and README file of it says that it is compatible with only QE-5.4.0 !!), can it work fine with QE-6.2/6.1 ?
I also read in manual of QE-6.1 about GPU-6.1 but could not find it on download page. Please share the download link if anyone aware of it.

Thanks
​Amar