[Pw_forum] Phonons: Parallelisation over the representations

Lorenzo Paulatto paulatz at gmail.com
Sat Oct 7 10:25:22 CEST 2017

Great idea! Now you only need to spend 10k man/hours to actually do it.

Oh, wait, someone did it already, but it requires some thinking to us
it. Check PHonon/examples/GIRD_example

Also the thermopw package should do this
<http://people.sissa.it/~dalcorso/thermo_pw_help.html> although I have
never used it personally.

cheers

On 07/10/17 10:19, JAY Antoine wrote:
> Dear devellopers, dear all,
>
> ?? Is there a way to do a phonon parallelisation over the
> representations of a same q-point ??
>
> I think they are all calculated separatelly and communicate only at
> the end of each convergeance to fill the dynamical matrix, didn't it?
>
> This would be a much more efficent parallelisation than the nimage
> one: no processors would 'sleep' because of the high number of
> representations,
> and this allow to complete phonon calculation for much larger cells.
>
> Best regards,
>
> Antoine Jay

Lorenzo Paulatto - Paris