[Pw_forum] grid phonon calculation at non-gamma point cannot reach convergence

Isaiah Moses imoses87 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 2 14:15:51 CEST 2017

Hi Yuan,
Your structure seems big, many nbnd.
For such structure, smaller value of alpha_mix(1) in phonon input is
helpful for convergence.
Non inclusion of alpha_mix(1) in your input file implies that the default
value of 0.7 would be used.
Include alpha_mix(1) and use smaller value such as 0.2.

If that doesn't solve the problem, you may need to increase the convergence
threshold tr2_ph.

It is also helpful to split your job along the q-points. This will enable
you monitor the convergence of different q-point and adjust parameters such
as alpha_mix(1) and tr2_ph accordingly.

Best,
Isaiah

Isaiah Abu Moses