[Pw_forum] Error in routine frc_blk (1): wrong total_weight

Lorenzo Paulatto paulatz at gmail.com
Mon Nov 20 12:58:06 CET 2017

Dear Gautam,
Try to open the file PW/src/wsweight.f90 and change the value of
parameter nx from 2 to 3, or maybe increase eps to 1.d-5
   parameter (eps=1.0d-6,nx=2)
then recompile pw and ph.

If this does not work, please provide a full input/output and dynamical
matrix files so we can have a look.

kind regards

On 19/11/17 19:45, Gautam Gaddemane wrote:
> Hello All,
> I am trying to calculate the phonons for monolayer phosphorene and I
> used 5*5*1 q points. And 10*10*1 k points in the scf calculations.
> After calculating the force constants from q2r.x, when I run matdyn.x i
> get the following error.
>
> *Error in routine frc_blk (1):
> wrong total_weight
>
> *
> When I run with 6*6*1, I do not encounter the error. Please help me
> understand the issue
>
> Thank you
> Gautam
> **
> *
> *
> GAUTAM GADDEMANE
> DEPARTMENT OF MATERIALS SCIENCE AND ENGINEERING
> UNIVERSITY OF TEXAS AT DALLAS

Lorenzo Paulatto - Paris