[Pw_forum] ACE EXX calculations

Malte Sachs malte.sachs at chemie.uni-marburg.de
Tue Nov 14 09:22:27 CET 2017

Hello everyone,

I have started to test scf calculations with HSE hybrid functionals
using QE 6.2 which should have the ACE algorithm by default. As far as I
understand the papers concerning ACE right (e.g. J. Chem. Theory
Comput., 2016, 12 (5), pp 2242–2249) the ACE operator has to be
constructed once which takes a lot of time and will be reused for the
following inner SCF iterations which should take less time. I find this
behavior performing Gamma-Only calculations. However, using multiple
k-points each ACE step takes a similar amount of time. Why does this
happen? Do I misunderstand something?

Best regards,

Malte

--